One thing most school-aged kids learn is that you are supposed to drink 8 cups of water every day to meet general health recommendations. Something teachers do not teach is that recommended water consumption is based on age, weight, activity levels, and any health conditions. Some medications cause people to intake more water than normal, and other health conditions can cause this too. On average, men should drink 15 cups, women should drink 11 cups, pregnant and breastfeeding women range from 10-12 cups, and children should drink between 6-8 cups of water. Water intake could also be effected by environmental factors, for example, if one lives in a hot and humid environment, they should drink more water. It is important to remember to stay hydrated!
We live in a life where it is common to depend on technology to the point where it consumes all our free time. It is important that we put the electronics down throughout the day and fill that time practicing physical activity. Aiming for 60-120 minutes of physical activity can result in so many benefits like a mental health boost, increased energy levels, improved cognitive function, and social connections. I love to get my physical activity by practicing basketball, softball, or hiking. It is not difficult; we just need to learn how to take electronic breaks.
I always stay hydrated. I try to get in a good 1-2 gallons per day. The more water flushing you do is healthy for your body. Dehydration is terrible and you don't want to go through that. It lasts for 3 days. Drink more water than you think you should.
ReplyDeleteThis a great blog! I needed soem tips on health because I seem to lack just a little bit of water in my days!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading this blog each day. I always like to stay informed on health topics. I'm not very consistent with my water intake. There are days I drink 7-8 bottles and other days between 1-3. Reading this is definitely a sign to stay hydrated.
ReplyDeleteThis information was very informative! I sometimes struggle with my daily water intake. I tend to only drink water or other drinks when I am having a meal. However, I do not drink any sodas. People should definitely be aware of how important water intake is and how much intake you should be consuming.
ReplyDelete